About the FloYo Teacher Training
The FloYo Teacher Training curriculum was developed in 2012 with the intention to create a weekend course that would give yoga instructors the skills they need to take their teaching to the water. With numerous contributors, we have developed a solid 2 and a half day certification that includes water rescue and general paddle skills. FloYo has led SUP yoga teacher trainings, workshops and retreats at some of the most beautiful paddle destinations around the world. Once certified, FloYo instructors join a global community of SUP yogi’s teaching the branded FloYo classes and continuing to learn and spread the joy of FloYo with our international affiliate network and continuing education platform.
What Does The Certification Include?
- Two and a half fun filled days of training which will qualify you as a SUP Yoga & Fitness instructor
- 100+ page in-depth manual which covers risk management, laws and legislation, SUP yoga pose breakdown, sample FloYo, FloYo Fit and SloFlo class formats, SUP business guidence, etc.
- FloYo Certificate (upon successful completion of the course)
What else will I learn?
- Develop sound stand up paddleboard skills with emphasis on stroke technique and turning methods
- Gain an understanding of paddle etiquette, water safety, rescue and recovery skills
- Practice completing water rescue techniques by participating in a series of experience-based scenerios
- Learn how to cue and demonstrate each yoga pose and exercise that makes up a FloYo SUP Yoga class
- Develop the tools needed to create an effective SUP yoga class and learn how to teach all 3 FloYo class sequences; the signature FloYo class, SloFlo a more restorative class and FloYo Fit an athletic interval style class
- Perfect your teaching and delivery skills in front of a group with 5+ hours of first hand teaching experience
- Business coaching workshop on how to launch your SUP Yoga business
- Goal setting tools to help you discover where you want to take this new business opportunity
- 25 hours Yoga Alliance CEU’s
- CPR & first aid certification
- 200 hour RYT certification*
- Demonstrate competent paddling and water rescue skills
- Show competency in practical water rescue test
- Successful completion of final evaluation
- Proficient swimming skills
- 2 years teaching experience (yoga, SUP or group fitness)*
- 2.5 days of training: $595
- To see a list of upcoming certifications visit our Training Schedule Page.